Wednesday, December 2, 2020

sqlite3 and pdo_sqlite not loaded in php apache2 localhost after upgrade to php 7.4 on Windows

The problem is that the two extensions php_sqlite3.dll and php_pdo_sqlite.dll are not loaded eventhough the two are exist in the extension directory, I had this problem when I upgraded php to version 7.4 and I thought the problem was in my system but after a while I found on Php.net that an additional setup on Windows is required as of PHP 7.4.0.

Note: Additional setup on Windows as of PHP 7.4.0

In order for this extension to work, there are DLL files that must be available to the Windows system PATH. For information on how to do this, see the FAQ entitled "How do I add my PHP directory to the PATH on Windows". Although copying DLL files from the PHP folder into the Windows system directory also works (because the system directory is by default in the system's PATH), this is not recommended. This extension requires the following files to be in the PATH: libsqlite3.dll.

 That is great, but putting this file in the system path seems not a good practice , so it is better to copy this file to the Apache BIN folder, and you will not be worry about sqlite3 extension again unless a new version of libsqlite3.dll library released.

No comments:

Post a Comment